Protecting Consumers, Student Loan Borrowers,
Others with Serious Debt Problems, and
Those Physically Injured by the Negligence of Others
If you have any of these types of problems, I may be able to help:
- Have you been harassed by debt collectors? (e.g., calls for debt you don’t owe, multiple calls, calls at work, threatening letters or calls, etc.)
- Have you been receiving annoying calls or “hang ups” from unknown phone numbers?
- Do you get “robodialed” on your cell phone, even though you never gave permission?
- Has a business tricked you in a consumer transaction?
- Did you buy something from a business, but didn’t get what you paid for?
- Are you in default, or about to go in default, on one or more of your student loans?
- Have student loan collectors threatened to sue or garnish you for unpaid student loans?
- Do you feel like you are buried in student loan debt with no way out?
- Have you been sued by a company that you don’t recognize?
- Have you been sued for a credit card or other debt, but don’t agree with the amounts of the debt?
- Did a debt collector buy your debt and sue you?
- Do you have so much debt you believe that you can never pay it off?
- Are you about to lose your home, car, or other valuables to foreclosure or repossession?
- Do you feel like your credit is ruined or getting worse, and you want a chance at a “fresh start”?
- Have you been seriously injured by the mistakes of someone else?
- Have you had a car crash where you or a loved one was injured?
- Have you slipped or tripped and been injured because someone caused you to fall?
- Did an unsafe condition at a business cause you to be injured?
“It’s not the size of the dog in the fight,
it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”
– Mark Twain
Our goal at Lawson Law Center is simple. We want to help everyday people with the stressful legal and financial problems that they can’t easily solve on their own. Sometimes, that means being willing to go up against a big bank, or an aggressive debt collection firm, or a “slow to pay” insurance company. But that’s okay. If you are nimble, knowledgeable and aggressive, its amazing what you can accomplish. We can’t take every case that comes our way. But if you choose Lawson Law Center, and we choose you, I think you will find that Mark Twain quote above has it about right. For lawyers, it’s not the size of the law firm that counts, either.
At Lawson Law Center, we focus our practice on what we believe are the most common and difficult problems that people face. This includes:
- Student Loan Law: helping borrowers and their families understand and navigate their student loan debt, defending student loan lawsuits, and using all available tools to ease the student loan debt burden;
- Debt Collection Harassment and other violations by debt collectors: FDCPA violations and debt collection harassment: Fighting debt collectors that break the laws prohibiting unfair debt collection practices;
- Debt Defense: Fighting for consumers against credit card lawsuits and debt buyer lawsuits on old debt, especially those debts that are inaccurate or poorly supported by proof.
- Bankruptcy: Getting clients a fresh start and relief from their debt by using consumer bankruptcy, both Ch 7. and Ch. 13;
- Consumer Protection: Suing companies who cheat consumers or refuse to follow consumer protection laws;
- Personal Injury: /Motorcycle, Truck and Auto Accidents / Slip and Fall / Dog Bite / Assisting those who have been seriously injured through the fault of another.
Why do we focus in the areas? Because the government, insurance companies, big corporations, banks, and debt collectors all have plenty of help getting their way. We think it’s high time that you have the help you deserve too.
-Terry L. Lawson, Jr., founder
Serving the Kansas City Metro and Beyond
I primarily handle cases in the Kansas City, Missouri area, including Clay County, Platte County, and Jackson County in Missouri. I am also licensed in Kansas, serving clients mainly in Johnson County and Wyandotte County. However, I am not limited to these boundaries. For certain cases, I am willing to represent clients in other parts of Missouri or Kansas. For worthwhile cases, I will be glad to meet you in your hometown if you can’t come to Kansas City.