Dedicated to Protecting Consumers, Debtors, and the
Seriously Injured Throughout Missouri and Kansas
If you have any of these types of problems, I may be able to help:
- Do you have so much debt you believe that you can never pay it off?
- Are you about to lose your home, car, or other valuables to foreclosure or repossession?
- Do you feel like your credit is ruined or getting worse, and you want a chance at a “fresh start”?
- Have you been harassed by debt collectors? (e.g., calls for debt you don’t owe, multiple calls, calls at work, threatening letters or calls, etc.)
- Have you been receiving annoying calls or “hang ups” from unknown phone numbers?
- Do you get “robodialed” on your cell phone, even though you never gave permission?
- Has a business tricked you in a consumer transaction?
- Did you buy something from a business, but didn’t get what you paid for?
- Have you been sued by a company that you don’t recognize?
- Have you been sued for a credit card or other debt, but don’t agree with the amounts of the debt?
- Did a debt collector buy your debt and sue you?
- Have you been seriously injured by the mistakes of someone else?
- Have you had a car crash where you or a loved one was injured?
- Have you slipped or tripped and been injured because someone caused you to fall?
- Did an unsafe condition at a business cause you to be injured?
Simple Estate Planning
- Do you have assets of less than a million dollars, but you still want to protect assets for your heirs?
- Do you think you need a will, trust, or other basic estate planning documents, but aren’t sure how to ask for it?
- Do you want to establish who will get legal custody of your children if you can no longer care for them?
- Have you ever wanted to know more about Powers of Attorney, Living Wills (Medical Health Directives), Trusts, or other probate terms?
Traffic Tickets and DWI
- Do you have a “simple” traffic ticket, and you “just want someone to handle it”?
- Would you like to have easy payment methods, and options to handle your ticket in person, online or by mail?
- Is your license at risk from a DUI / DWI or or other serious charge?
- Are you in default, or about to go in default, on one or more of your student loans?
- Have student loan collectors threatened to sue or garnish you for unpaid student loans?
- Do you feel like you are buried in student loan debt with no way out?
“It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”
– Mark Twain
Our goal at Lawson Law Center is simple. We want to help everyday people with the stressful legal and financial problems that they can’t easily solve on their own. Sometimes, that means being willing to go up against a big bank, or an aggressive debt collection firm, or a “slow to pay” insurance company. But that’s okay. If you are nimble, knowledgeable and aggressive, its amazing what you can accomplish. We can’t take every case that comes our way. But if you choose Lawson Law Center, and we choose you, I think you will find that Mark Twain quote above has it about right. For lawyers, it’s not the size of the law firm that counts, either.
At Lawson Law Center, we focus our practice on what we believe are the most common and difficult problems that people face. This includes:
- Bankruptcy: Getting clients a fresh start and relief from their debt by using consumer bankruptcy, both Ch 7. and Ch. 13;
- FDCPA violations and debt collection harassment: Fighting debt collectors that break the laws prohibiting unfair debt collection practices;
- FCRA violations and credit errors: Helping people with serious credit reporting errors and suing credit reporting companies where appropriate;
- Consumer Protection: Claims using the MMPA and KCPA and other laws by suing companies who cheat consumers who purchase goods or services and expect a fair deal;
- Personal Injury: /Motorcycle, Truck and Auto Accidents / Slip and Fall / Dog Bite / Assisting those who have been seriously injured through the fault of another;
- Traffic Tickets and Minor Criminal: Handling speeding, other moving violations, DUI, driving while suspended or driving while revoked, and minor criminal charges that clients may face day to day.
Why do we focus in the areas? Because the government, insurance companies, big corporations, banks, and debt collectors all have plenty of help getting their way. We think it’s high time that you have the help you deserve too.
-Terry L. Lawson, Jr.
Serving the Kansas City Metro and Beyond
I primarily handle cases in the Kansas City, Missouri area, including Clay County, Platte County, and Jackson County in Missouri. I am also licensed in Kansas, serving clients mainly in Johnson County and Wyandotte County. However, I am not limited to these boundaries. For certain cases, I am willing to represent clients in other parts of Missouri or Kansas. For worthwhile cases, I will be glad to meet you in your hometown if you can’t come to Kansas City.